CADD-Legacy® 1 PCA ambulatory infusion pump—for continuous delivery of IV Remodulin
The CADD-Legacy® 1 PCA ambulatory infusion pump is proven for continuous IV delivery of Remodulin and other medicines.
Benefits of CADD-Legacy® 1 PCA ambulatory infusion pump1
- Easy-to-read display that provides information for programming adjustments and troubleshooting
- Reliability and durability can mean less downtime and fewer interruptions of therapy
- Appropriate for patients who are titrating or on a stable dose of Remodulin
- Up to 2 days between pump refills2
- Requires patient to dilute Remodulin with diluent and then fill the pump in a sterile field for each refill3
- Option to have a 7-day supply of Remodulin shipped to patient’s home
Download the Remodulin Referral Form and specify that your patient receives the CADD-Legacy® 1 PCA ambulatory infusion pump.
On-demand mix at each cassette change (every 2 days)
Premix a 14-day supply with a simple premixing schedule
Simple premixing schedule
SPmix delivers weekly shipments to eligible patients
Before introducing the topic of premixing with a patient:
- Carefully consider your patient’s dosing schedule, mixing proficiency, and diluent
- Be sure to contact Specialty Pharmacy Services. SPS can answer any questions they may have about premixing and supply the necessary diluent needed for 14-day premixing. Be sure to inform the SP if you deem a patient appropriate for premixing at home
Remind patients to continue to change the reservoir at least every 2 days.
Be sure to share the following information with your patients
- 14-day premixing should be done only with high-pH glycine diluent. Remodulin cannot be stored for 14 days when mixed with sterile water for injection or 0.9% sodium chloride injection (only 4 hours at room temperature or 24 hours refrigerated)3
- Reservoir tubing should be capped before storage
- Do not use reservoirs that have been stored for more than 14 days
- Use extension tubing with a filter
- The CADD-MS® 3 ambulatory infusion pump should not be used for premixing
IV=intravenous; SP=Specialty Pharmacy.
Remodulin SPmix Program
The Remodulin SPmix Program delivers up to 7 days of premixed IV Remodulin and all necessary supplies to your patients’ homes each week.