THE #1 PRESCRIBED PARENTERAL THERAPY FOR PAH: REMODULIN® (treprostinil)1
- More than 18 years’ experience2
- No supply interruptions since launch in 2002
- Remodulin has been recommended in guidelines for treatment of PAH since 20033
- Flexible administration options of both SC and IV
- Patient support programs, including financial support
- Continuing innovation through development of new parenteral pumps
- 27 clinical studies of SC/IV treprostinil in 4193 participating patients1
EXPERIENCE. CONSISTENCY. SUPPORT.
For more than 18 years, Remodulin patients and the healthcare professionals who care for them have been supported by United Therapeutics, a company dedicated to helping patients live with PAH. This trust and commitment are a part of why Remodulin is the #1 prescribed branded parenteral therapy for PAH.1,2
SC and IV Remodulin: Bioavailable within minutes, bioequivalent in less than 6 hours2,7
Remodulin pharmacokinetics were analyzed in 51 healthy volunteers receiving IV or SC Remodulin at a dose of 10 ng/kg/min for 72 hours. Following a 4-day washout, volunteers were given the opposite route of their initial administration. Pharmacokinetics were then compared between IV and SC administration.7
Figure adapted from Laliberte K, et al. Cardiovasc Pharmacol. 2004, with permission.
Remodulin has a 4-hour half-life and can be delivered via SC or IV routes over 24 hours for patients who need continuous prostacyclin therapy.2
The power of Remodulin
With an established clinical profile, Remodulin has been demonstrated to diminish symptoms associated with exercise and, for patients requiring transition from Flolan, slow the rate of clinical deterioration.2
Remodulin was launched in 2002 and has been recommended in guidelines for treatment of PAH since 2003.2,3
Remodulin has been included in the ACCF/AHA Consensus, 5th World Symposium, CHEST Treatment Recommendations, and ESC/ERS Treatment Guidelines.8-11Learn more about treatment guidelines for patients in FC III and FC IV
Median change of +10 meters in 6MWD at week 122,12
In two 12-week, multicenter, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled trials, SC Remodulin infusion was compared to placebo in a total of 470 patients. The primary endpoint of these trials was the median change in 6MWD at week 12.2,12
- Median change in the Remodulin group: +10 meters
- Median change in the placebo group: 0 meters
- Mean Remodulin dose: 9.3 ng/kg/min at 12 weeks
- The most common adverse reactions: infusion site pain and reaction, headache, diarrhea, rash, nausea, jaw pain, vasodilatation, dizziness, edema, and hypotension
Average dose in real-world use of Remodulin1
Based on Specialty Pharmacy shipment data during January 2020. Dose data reported in Specialty Pharmacy shipments only. Limited to unique quarterly patients with dosing data.
6MWD=6-minute walk distance; ACCF=American College of Cardiology Foundation; AHA=American Heart Association; ERS=European Respiratory Society; ESC=European Society of Cardiology; FC=functional class; IV=intravenous; NYHA=New York Heart Association; PAH=pulmonary arterial hypertension; SC=subcutaneous.
Informative video to share with your patients
Carey shares how she persevered and didn’t let her disease define her.